Potters fan hits £2.4m lottery jackpot with birthday numbers

 

Friday, July 15, 2011
Profile image for The Sentinel
LOTTERY winner Ged Blairs has scooped a £2.4 million jackpot, after choosing his numbers in the same way for the past 17 years.
The 49-year-old lorry driver, pictured, has bought tickets with numbers based on his birthday, his sister's birthday, his lucky number 33 and his age since the lottery began in 1994.
His biggest win had only been around £100 when four of his numbers came up around 14 years ago.
But his method finally paid off on Saturday to the tune of £2,405,435.
Now Ged, of Chesterton, has already quit life on the road to take early retirement.
The former JCB worker, who had been doing agency work for Best Connection, in Hanley, told The Sentinel: "Earlier this week I said I couldn't work as I had something on. I have told them now that I won't be back."

The Stoke City season ticket holder did not find out he was a millionaire until Sunday afternoon, because he was hungover from a night out drinking with pals.
Ged has been playing the lottery online for the last five years and buys two lines every Saturday and Wednesday.

He said: "I received an email saying there was important news about my lottery account, but I disregarded it as I thought it was just a £10 win."
He later opened the email to find out he had won £2.4 million.
He rang his sister, Pauline Clewes, aged 53, of Waterhayes, straight away to tell her the news.
He said: "I was shaking like a leaf – I couldn't believe it. And Pauline's been the same as me. She can't eat and can't sleep, but she is absolutely over the moon.
"I have felt ill since I won. I'm not sure if it was the hangover or nerves, but it's starting to sink in now and I feel great."

Ged plans to spend some of his winnings on holidays to Thailand and Las Vegas, a Jaguar car, and hiring a box at the Britannia Stadium on Boxing Day for family.
He said: "Everyone has a wish list and I'll be able to tick quite a few things off mine like going to Vegas, having a nice car and going to the gym to lose a few pounds.
"I have never had this kind of freedom before. I'm an ordinary working class guy, a miner's son and I can't see me being any different now I've got this money."
His lucky numbers were 1 and 21, based on his January 21 birthday; 2 and 24, from Pauline's February 24 birthday; his lucky number 33 and his age – 49.
Trentham couple John and Jackie Livesley, who won £2.6 million in November 2008, offered some words of advice to Mr Blairs.
Jackie said: ""He should sit down, think about it and take some good financial advice. Most of all, just enjoy it and be careful."

Creative Commons
Your eleven Lucky Lottery Number Generators are here: LuckyNumbers 4U.

Popular posts from this blog

The Crystal Ball and your Lucky Lottery Numbers !

Birthday Calculator with your Lucky Lottery Numbers?

Lottery Wheeling Systems...